Monday, October 5, 2009

10 Top Questions asked of Homeschoolers...

Top 10 Questions asked of homeschoolers...


10. Do you have gym class? If you say yes, people look disappointed. If you say no, they tell you it’s not fair.


9. So, are you, like, a superfreaky genius employed by the government to stop terrorist attacks? Um, yeah... in the flesh!

8. So, do you get to do whatever you want all day? I don’t think so……


7. Who teaches you? The answer to this is “my mom”, which prompts the following question:


6. Did she, like, have to go to college to be a teacher?

5. Do you have to have a hall pass to go to the bathroom? This one always makes me laugh.


4. Does your mom make you read like a hundred books a day? This can be grouped with the 'do you have to' questions, such as “do you have to do chores?” or “do you have to practice your (insert instrument here) every day?” Of course! I am a slave... what do you think? No! :D


3. So, your school has the day off today? This drives me nuts.


2. Do you get to do school in your pajamas? This is easily one of the most-asked questions ever. (duh. that’s why it’s number two on my list.) I don’t totally understand this question, but I find it extremely amusing. Why do regular kids have such a fascination with our sleepwear?


1. Do you have any friends? I always say, “No, I’m destitute.” This has gotten me a LOT of weird looks. Usually people either sort of smile like they’re not sure if I’m serious and then find an excuse to leave. Anyone who laughs is instantly my friend. So far I think my band teacher is the only one who immediately understood that I was joking, which is sort of sad when you think about it. Is school to kids only a place to meet friends? Don’t they have neighbors, or friends at church, or something?

~sarah k.

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! How many times have I been asked these questions?! hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how many people ask me these kind of questions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I should feel good or bad that I haven't heard many of these....?...I'm glad I know you enough that I don't have to ask you questions like that! (usuallllyyy)
    -Mary M.

    ReplyDelete